The girls

The girls

Monday, January 16, 2012

Student Loans still haunt me!!!

 So about a month ago I got a horrible phone call. I was told I still owe over ten thousand in student loans. I FREAKED out!! Then grew enough composure to tell the gentleman on the other end he is very much mistaken. I paid off the last of my  loans a few years ago. He said they would look into it and if I had any paperwork on them to have them ready. I don't claim to be the smartest, but after looking into the firm that held my loans in question I found out they were dirty, over charged, levied accounts they shouldn't have and were very dishonest! No wonder the state loan service didn't want to admit they used that firm to collect. Now I kept pretty good files and zipped what I had to the new collection agency, but did tell them I am teetering on consulting a lawyer. I can't believe what I did pay and it looks like nothing  was applied to the actual loan. So now what should I do? Because they are telling me I pretty much owe the entire loan amount right now. Can interest be that much? WTF!!???  I may owe a little but all of it again? Guess we'll see initially where this goes, I hope my Karma bank if full and some Irish luck is in my horse shoe. Why does education have to cost so much? So glad I went to college so I can apply it to being a mother, hahahaha. Hope your day goes better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment