The girls

The girls

Monday, January 23, 2012

Every day there's something

What do you mean I need to clean?!!!!
Had a pretty good weekend, until Sunday. My two oldest who share a room had a disaster zone for a bedroom. Lucky I didn't see it Saturday, or they would have done nothing all weekend. So I turned into monster mom and howled all day to get their crap picked up. Felt bad for Katana, she ended up not being able to go out for a birthday party, but lesson learned I hope. Sakura on the other had was in full "tweener" mode and had an attitude all day. Ugh! I would have loved to keep her from going out, but she got lucky and went out Saturday, the day before I uncovered her mess. But she was warned the next outing she's invited to, is a no go. Are we being too hard? Johnny and I think we're too soft. I remember when I was her age, I couldn't do anything unless mine was clean, and Johnny had it worse the entire house had to be cleaned daily. And if I EVER talked to my parents the way Sakura did to us, I would have gotten my butt spanked or a slap. So how do we find a middle ground? I could careless if their beds aren't made or a "few" items left out, but clothes need to be hung or put away. Why is this so hard to grasp or is such a chore to do? It's not like we just started this rule, it's been taught and told to them since they were old enough to know. They pick up at friends homes, why not their own? When I had friends over I wanted to have my room clean, and looking cool. They on the other hand, could care less if their underwear is lying around and trash is on the floor and the room looks like a pig sty! When did this become the norm? I feel like an old lady when I ask why they don't want their room to look nice? I guess we need to find new tactics, but what? We've done the door off the hinges, take everything away except their beds, rewards for keeping it clean, goals to get new stuff. Nothing seems to interest them, and it's not like they have a ton of new or cool stuff in  their room already. I am really at a loss. But we keep moving forward, they do know from here out, the room must be clean before they go to school and before they go to bed, so we'll see how long this lasts. I guess the only punishment I know they hate, is pooper scooping. So it will be pick up 10 piles of poop if it's not clean, or I'll take away any clothing I find on the floor, not put away, or hung. So I will be patience and see what pans out. But man was it a crappy Sunday, having them mad at me for making them clean,seeking out the hidden piles, and making them clean more. I was so ready for Monday, and that's pathetic. I know it's going to get worse, but hopefully not too bad. Because the house of hormones is creeping up fast! I think, I'll give Johnny the duty of room patrol and leave the headache to him. We can play good cop, bad cop, hehehehe. Get your mind out of the gutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment