The girls

The girls

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Being a Mother

I take the job of being a mom very serious. And it saddens my heart when I hear or see so many mothers who just don't care or abuse their beautiful gift of a child. There are so many people who can't have a child who want one so bad. Then you have the opposite those who have too many and blame their children for their troubles. I never understand why an innocent child can be blamed for an adults poor decisions? Or even a young mother who gets pregnant, she may be young but decided to be an adult and then made poor choices. It's not the beautiful innocent gift you created in any means fault. And if you can't or don't want the responsibility give it up or you should have never had it. There are many choices out there to help, it's a matter of stepping up and asking for help. I understand there are many who grew up in crappy dysfunctional homes, but holy crap, we all came from some type of dysfunction! And what would bring an individual to actually beat a small child is beyond my comprehension. I don't believe or give into the excuse they were just too stressed out and didn't know what they were doing. What the hell? I have 5 children under 10 and have never under any "stressful" situation beat the crap out of any of them. I may yell or swear, but know how to de-escalate the situation and if I do yell, apologize if I was in the wrong. The worst is the mother who gives their child to family to raise then skips back in to their lives after the hard work and foundation is laid. And pretend they are such a great mom! They think "oh I am such a good mom" I had my kid for 8 weeks out of the entire year, paid no support because the father should and it was my family taking care of the kid. Exposed them to many different partners, abuse and drugs, but I'm a good mom. No I was not there to hug them when they were sad or scared, when they were sick or just be there when really needed. Yes I said horrible crappy things to them, made a child feel as if they ruined my life and made them fear for my life every time they came to visit. Because of my abusive soon to be ex. But now that they are a teenager I am the best friend they have! I let them have sex at my house, do drugs and drink because it's better to do it with me than away with others. Yes, I screwed them up and did no favors for their self worth. Treated then poorly when I got mad for something they said or didn't do. This is the mom who should never share the name mother with me. Do I sound a bit angry or a bit irritated? Yes, I had to deal with someone very close to this. And it kills me this "mother" feels she is qualified to give parental advise, along with pregnancy advise too. I laugh at the fact she didn't take care of herself when she was pregnant 21+ years ago, and did nothing but complain the entire time of how horrible it all was and would never do it again. Well thank god for small miracles she didn't have more! I'm not an expert but I do think I know what it's like and can hopefully give some sound advise since I think 3 years for my last pregnancy is a bit closer than 21 years. Just saying, and yes I was the one who helped sooth the hurtful things she said and did to a wonderful gift of a child. I do think we revoked her membership in the mom club some time ago. I stood my ground and have kept being a mom even when it got me "un-friend ed" on Face Book. But did get back and again tried to give advise on crappy boy friends but still supported when a bad choice was made. I hope the good choices my first child (not by birth) makes are made with the advise I gave all along. Now that I am going to be a grandmother I hope I can help with what ever they need and hopefully get them closer and out of the dysfunctional atmosphere they are in now. My lovely child who's having a baby has no idea how much my distaste and real hatred for her birth mother goes. Being a good mom, I never let my children know if I really don't like someone or my real opinion. For may reasons, like kids repeat what you say, that's a big one. Others are I don't want to tarnish my kids view of me, to think their mom who likes everyone and tells them to go out of their way to make that bully their friend would hate anyone. I also want them to make their decisions on what they observe and see. I know that will change as they get older but hopefully I have taught them to choose their close friends wisely and to have more than one. So am I a hypocrite? Well maybe, but I have reasons why I don't like this one person. An excuse yes, but I can take it and am willing to live with it. So where has this whole vent gone? Being a mother, and what that means. To me it is the number one most important job in the world, even more than the president. We have hours beyond any job with overtime, and get paid squat. We have more stress to handle and multi-tasking than any job out there and still get no respect for doing a difficult job let along get much praise for doing a good job. No raises, heck no pay! Get discriminated for taking time out of the "real" job force to raise healthy well adjusted hard working kids with some morals and compassion. Don't get real respect and thankfulness from our kids till they're adults, but worth the wait. The most rewarding job to have, that no bonus could ever match the hug, kiss, snuggle and love you get from your child. I actually am sad we have planned to not have any more children. I love being a mom and take my job very serious. I am willing to put my wants and wishes on the back burner to put my children first. I know in a few years I can have a job and play derby and do more, I can wait. I don't want to miss a thing and know I am one richest people in the world. My currency is 5 beautiful girls who will grow up to be anything they want to be. Tough, pretty, caring, loving, tolerant,smart, kick ass kind of girls! Who hopefully will visit their mom often and love me for putting them first.  "Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children". One of the best quotes from The Crow. Another I love is from Enough "You have a divine animal right to protect your own life and the life of your offspring. To all the good Mothers out there, Way to go and don't give up you have many to help support you!

No comments:

Post a Comment